Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
Built-up roof (BUR) membranes are the traditional asphalt roofing solution for low slope and flat roofs. The roof is built up on site using layers of base sheet, ply sheets and cap sheet. Hot asphalt (bitumen) is the bonding and waterproofing agent between layers. CertainTeed offers options for all of these layers:
- Glasbase™ Base Sheet
- Yosemite® Venting Base Sheet
- Flintglas® Ply Sheet Type 4
- Flintglas® Premium Ply Sheet Type 6
- Flintglas® MS Cap
- Flintglas® MS Cap CoolStar®
Energy Efficient Built-Up Roofing
Flintglas MS Cap Sheet White is an approved ENERGY STAR® product for slopes greater than 2"/12".
CertainTeed Flintglas MS Cap Sheet CoolStar is a mineral surfaced fiber glass cap sheet with reflective CoolStar granules. It is designed for use as a cap sheet over inorganic and organic built-up roofing systems.
- Granulated, uncoated finish
- Handles like standard product - no special installation requirements
- Low maintenance
- More consistent
- More aesthetically pleasing
Flintglas MS Cap Sheet CoolStar meets the requirements established by California Title 24 and ENERGY STAR®. Visit www.coolroofs.org or www.energystar.gov for more information.